Episode 9: Don’t Panic! Tips for Students and Families Navigating the College Journey
Lee Norwood, Owner of Annapolis College Consulting, joins us today to share her strategy for approaching the college admissions journey. She shares her strategy for working with college-bound students on their applications and how she is continually partnering with her community to provide opportunities for students to gain valuable experience during their high school years.
- Utilizing a college consultant as a guide in the college process
- As a student, figuring out what your needs are first and then matching yourself with schools based on those criteria
- How to use online resources to research colleges from home
- How social media plays a role in the college process and the first semester
- The transition to college from high school to college and resources to take advantage of once you are at college
- The “Post-COVID Story”
- How students can make a difference and empower themselves during the Coronavirus
- Do not be a “vanilla ice cream cone”
- Financial Aid, Merit Aid and how college consultants can help navigate these terms
Important Resources and Links:
Meet Lee Norwood
Lee Norwood is a successful entrepreneur and a published author with majors in Business/Marketing and English from Elon University. Lee excels at connecting students with opportunities for growth that match their interests whether it is in non-profit and business internships, local and state connections, or creative opportunities. Lee loves helping students find their authentic voice and craft unique, meaningful essays that resonate with college admissions offices. Lee is also a social media guru and a parent of two and an owner of Annapolis College Consulting.
Lee Norwood will join us today to discuss the changes in the college admissions landscape and how students and parents can prepare going forward.
Become a College Scoops Supporter
We hope you found Lee's insight and advice on how to connect with an educational consultant, how to show demonstrated interest, and connect with colleges via social media and how to engage at the start of freshman year helpful. If you or someone you know would like to be a guest on our show, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to review or leave a comment for us and help us share the news of College Scoops with a friend, colleague, or family member.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on our social media.
Episode 9 Full Transcript