Episode 57: Is UT Austin on your College List with Amanda Jewell
As we continue to interview student entrepreneurs to discover their stories, businesses, advice, and lessons learned, we are excited to speak with Amanda Jewell, a senior at UT Austin who is a college lifestyle YouTuber, blogger, photographer, podcast host, and content creation guru. Amanda transferred to UT Austin as a junior. She will share her reasons for why she choose UT Austin, how to get involved and engaged on campus, and how she manages her class workload and a social media business.
- If you don’t get into your dream school at 1st, try again
- Reach out to advisors, professors, program directors about transfer credits
- Get involved in clubs early and often and if you do not like a club, get involved in another one
- Take advantage of any networking opportunities
- Meet with your professors, connect with them in person or online for a virtual coffee
- Get engaged when you arrive on campus because transferring into a college takes a special effort to connect with the student community
- If your major requires you to have an internship before you graduate, do not wait until your senior year
Important Resources and Links:
Meet Amanda Jewell
Amanda Jewell is a senior at The University of Texas at Austin majoring in Advertising in the Texas Media & Analytics program. She has created many college vlogs and advice videos on how she got into her dream school, UT Austin. She makes videos weekly for her channel, and she also has a podcast “Becoming an Influencer,” which is named after her ebook on influencer marketing. She interviews CEOs, professionals, and students to learn their secrets to success and their journey to becoming an influencer. When she is not juggling school and content creation, she is probably hanging out with her grandparents.
Become a College Scoops Supporter
Thank you Amanda for joining us today to share your insights on why UT Austin rocks! If you do not get into your 1st choice school, try again! Reach out to advisors and talk to other administrators and students when transferring to make sure your credits apply and before you register for classes. Get engaged and meet with your professors as they are willing and able to help you during your college journey. Students at UT Austin are type-A students who work hard, play hard, and they are diehard Longhorn alums!
Please take a couple of minutes to rate, review, and subscribe to CS. If you or someone you know would like to be a guest on our show, please send us an email email@example.com.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on our social media.
Episode 57 Full Transcript