How can real-world work experiences be a differentiator in college applications? Do you have a student who is a coder, interested in sports management, or loves video games? Laura and her team at HireEdge have created opportunities to match students with employers to gain valuable and real-life experiences. In a time where students do not have a host of internship opportunities available in high school, Laura founded HireEdge as an accelerator program for high school and college students to gain valuable work experience at companies working with a corporate sponsor and HireEdge mentor.
- Help students get connections, skills, and real-world experience to launch their career
- Create opportunities for students to learn about career development and professional experience
- Inventing virtual opportunities in partnership with client companies for students in high school and college
- Design professional work experiences that are project-based for 4-6 weeks
- HireEdge advisors are paired with students allowing for a personal coaching experience
- Clearly defined deliverables with an end of project presentation
- Internship examples at Tapinator and Fan Control Football League
Important Resources and Links:
Meet Laura Fortner
Laura Fortner is the founder and CEO of HireEdge, a career accelerator for high school and college students. After earning a BA in East Asian Studies from Princeton University and an MBA from Harvard Business School, Laura Fortner has held several executive positions, gaining leadership experience in TV and social media. Laura founded HireEdge in order to help students discover and launch their careers. As a parent, college interviewer, and employer, Laura is privy to the difficulties young people encounter when entering the professional sphere. By participating in HireEdge internships, students get access to executives, companies, and project opportunities, equipping them with the professional communication skills and exposure necessary for future success.
Many thanks to Laura for joining me today. I really enjoyed our conversation and all the helpful information Laura shared with us. Do you have a student who is a coder, interested in sports management, or loves video games? Laura and her team have created opportunities to match students with employers to gain valuable and real-life experiences.a today and we hope you did as well.