Episode 22 : Students Giving Back – Student Impact with Guest Ana Stanisavljev
Students are extraordinary at finding opportunities for themselves and giving back to the community. With a student perspective, the world looks very different from that of an educator or parent perspective. Today, we speak with Ana Stanisavljev, a rising fourth year at the University of Virginia, to discuss how she saw an opportunity amidst a global crisis. Ana created a non-profit, Student Impact, to help students, teachers, and schools support K-12 learners during the transition to online school. With book drives, tutoring programs, and high school student projects, Ana has engaged a nationwide community of students interested in bettering the American education system as it becomes virtual.
- All About Student Impact
- Resources for K-12 teachers, schools, and students
- Book donation project to boost summer reading
- Giving back to the Community: High School Student Projects and Speaker Series
- Matchmaking college-student tutors with high school students
- Addressing teachers’ and schools’ needs for the fall
- Getting to know teachers, peers, and friends virtually
- School as a social construct
- Perspectives on going back to UVA in the fall
- What do you wish you knew before attending college
- Best eats in Charlottesville, VA
Important Resources and Links:
- Student Impact Website: studentimpact.org
- Instagram: @studentimpactnonprofit
- Facebook: Student Impact
- Tik Tok: @studentimpactnonprofit
Meet Ana Stanisavljev:
Ana is a rising fourth year at the University of Virginia. She is a double major in Commerce through the McIntire School of Commerce with a concentration in Management and Marketing and a double major in Spanish through the College of Arts and Sciences. She is the founder of Student Impact, a student-led non-profit helping with the transition to online school. Currently, Student Impact has a summer high school leadership program with over 200 participants across the country. They also just donated 350 packages of books, jump ropes, and crayons to a low-income middle school. In addition, Student Impact has a full intern and student ambassador program. Ana is very accomplished as she is an Echols Scholar and an Achievement Award Scholar at UVA. She has professional experience working in marketing, startups, and mergers and acquisitions and hopes to go into the consulting field in the future
Become a College Scoops Supporter
We hope you found our show interesting and you learned a little bit more about students giving back and Student Impact. If you or someone you know would like to be a guest on our show, please send us an email email@example.com.
Please take a moment to review or leave a comment for us and help us share the news of College Scoops with a friend, colleague, or family member.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on our social media.
Episode 22 Full Transcript