Emma B. Perez will join us today to discuss how we can support our teens and young adults and help them as they navigate their teens and young adulthood. Figuring out who you want to be and how you can impact the world is a daunting task for many teenagers, but they are important factors in determining an academic or career path. Emma is with us today to share her framework, tips, and tricks to navigating young adulthood.
- Emma’s Life Story Going to College, Taking Three Years Off and Working, then Transferring
- The benefits of going back to college at an older age
- Other options for seniors in high school aside from continuing education
- Tips from someone who was on the admissions team at Full Sail University
- How to turn an interest into a career
- 6 Step Career Process from Self-Discovery to Action
- Advice for rising freshmen in college with COVID-10 uncertainty
- Giving yourself permission to feel sad and mad
- Calculating the return on investment on your educational experience
Important Resources and Links:
6 Ways to Avoid $50K in Surprise College Costs
How to Make the Most of a Gap Year – A Micro Summit
Emma B. Perez Personal Website
Why Teenagers Reject Parents Solutions to their Problems – NY Times
Meet Emma B. Perez
Founder of Be On Purpose, Emma is a mentor who specializes in helping teens and young adults craft who they want to be and how they will impact the world. She began this path a decade ago working in admissions at a University. Before long she was visiting hundreds of high schools all over the Metro of Atlanta to conduct college and career workshops for tens of thousands of students. Now she works directly with families. With her programs Life Quest and Intentional Gap Year, she guides students through self-discovery, career exploration, and vision creating. This leads young people to a future that allows them to live thriving and fulfilling lives.
We hope you found Thank you Emma for joining us today. We appreciate you sharing your framework, tools, and resources you use as you guide young adults through their college and career workshops. Through self-discovery, identifying what their priorities and values are, talking about money, and career exploration will guide young adults to gain a clearer understanding of who they are, what they might want to focus on next, and the next steps required to achieve their goals.our show helpful and you are more informed on how to empower your teen.