Navigating the college application process can be confusing- even more so if a student wishes to study in a different country. Today’s guest, Annabella Goshen, works with students across the globe to help them with the paperwork, interviews, and deadlines when applying to colleges as an international applicant. Her insights and advice will provide students and their families with all the information they need to navigate the college admissions process.
- Ask a lot of questions: What do you want out of your education? What are your priorities as a student?
- Consider what quality of life you want to have when looking at going to school abroad.
- There is a lot of paperwork that comes with studying internationally. Make sure you do the appropriate research to know the correct deadlines and have the completed paperwork. The key is to be prepared.
- WES is the organization that translates transcripts for an international student application. It is better to do this earlier than later to take into account mistakes and potential resubmissions.
- Set realistic deadlines. Don’t wait until the last minute to submit documents and applications.
- Merit based scholarships are good options for international students.
Important Resources and Links:
Annabella Goshen Educational Consulting
Meet Annabella Goshen
Annabella Goshen’s beginnings as a College Counselor started in Miami, where she began helping friends and neighbors with the college application process. Her reputation grew by word of mouth and soon enough, the friends of her friends´ kids started reaching out asking for the same support. That was 18 years ago!
In her years as a college student, she knew that students didn’t have to suffer a draining process to get into their dream college. As a College Counselor, Annabella is always elevating the experience to help students and their parents, wherever they are in the process.
Thank you Annabella for your insights on how to apply to colleges as an international student. Your advice to conduct research and prepare ahead of time for the additional steps that are required when applying internationally allows parents and students to better understand what is not only required but necessary when applying to colleges as an international student.