Episode 13: Parenting with Your Teen
Parenting is not easy. Given the last five months, we have all learned how to live and work with our kids, some of whom have not lived in our house for a while. Knowing you are not alone and having a community to share your thoughts, frustrations, concerns, and celebrations are what led Susan Borison and Stephanie Silverman to launch Your Teen Media. We are excited to have a conversation about all things parenting-related on today's show.
- Your Teen is a platform to get parenting tips for teenagers without feeling like you're a bad parent
- Why you, as a parent, do not need to feel like you are getting everything about parenting right all the time
- Apologizing to your kids as a parent models good behavior
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has given kids and young adults an opportunity for creativity
- Viewing your kid’s boredom as a chance for them to find something they enjoy or fulfills them
- “You don’t have to be wrong to apologize to change the tone in your own house”
- When dealing with college-aged kids – “Don’t answer a question that hasn’t been asked”
Important Resources and Links:
Meet Susan Borison and Stephanie Silverman
Your Teen developed out of personal passion but grew out of universal need. Friends, Stephanie Silverman, and Susan Borison saw that their own parenting concerns and fears resonated with most everyone they polled. As they were wondering whether their teens’ struggles were normal, or whether their parenting woes were typical, other parents were dealing with the same insecurities. Unfortunately, the books and magazines they had relied on when their children were younger didn’t help much with teenagers. And so, Your Teen Media was born.
These days, we’re pleased to say that Your Teen is a leading source for parents seeking high-quality information and advice about raising teenagers. We couldn’t be prouder.
Become a College Scoops Supporter
We enjoyed our conversation with Susan and Stephanie today and we hope you did as well. If you or someone you know would like to be a guest on our show, please send us an email email@example.com.
Please take a moment to review or leave a comment for us and help us share the news of College Scoops with a friend, colleague, or family member.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on our social media.
Episode 13 Full Transcript