Episode 10: Choosing a Gap Year Program That’s the Right Fit for You
Marion Taylor is the Owner and Founder of Taylor the Gap, a personalized inclusive gap year consulting service who shares her insights on how to choose a gap year program that's the right fit for you or your student.
- The Gap Year Association is a resource for students and parents
- Questions students considering a gap year should consider
- How gap year programs are adapting to COVID-19
- Balancing student’s wishes with parents’ desires for safety and financial considerations
- Things to consider when choosing a gap year program
- Re-entry programs and transition services for reverse-culture shock
- Benefits of a gap year
- Options for next year depending on levels of quarantine/border control due to the virus
- Advice for parents
Important Resources and Links:
Meet Marion Taylor
Born and raised in Colorado, Marion Taylor is married and the mother of four children ranging in ages from 23-32 who all grew from their personal gap experiences. Her parenting perspective of four “gappers” and 35 years of social work experience with non-profit organizations and foundations focused on families, women, and children distinguish her as a qualified accredited gap year counselors in the industry. Marion collaborates with students of any age, orientation, and economic background, and believes in the importance of student engagement and ownership when exploring gap options. She offers financial assistance to diverse students of all means. She also serves as the keynote speaker at gap year fairs across the country, and at high school and colleges in Colorado.
Become a College Scoops Supporter
We enjoyed our conversation with Deena today and we hope you did as well. If you or someone you know would like to be a guest on our show, please send us an email email@example.com.
Please take a moment to review or leave a comment for us and help us share the news of College Scoops with a friend, colleague, or family member.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on our social media.
Episode 10 Full Transcript